AAAF is entirely volunteer run and community supported. Lending a hand is one of the best ways you can support our cause – and work with our fun and friendly team. Whatever your skills and background, we have opportunities which can use your support AAAF including fund raising, donating, and volunteering your expertise.
If you’re looking to volunteer with a rewarding cause and amazing team, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. AAAF is always ready to welcome new additions.
There are plenty of different ways you can help AAAF raise much needed funds to support research into Alopecia Areata and provide live changing support services. Below are just some of the ways you can help us to help people living with Alopecia Areata.
- Do a ‘Cut-a-thon’ – cut your hair and donate to be made into wigs, and encourage your friends and family to sponsor you!
- Gold coin donation day – perfect for schools and youth groups, or even in the workplace!
- Charity of choice -nominate AAAF as your chosen charity at your annual party/concert with the entry fee donated to AAAF
- Sporting day -hold a sporting challenge or tournament; mini golf day, cycling or walking, a fun run, a triathlon or set your own challenge, getting work to sponsor you.
- Movie Night – organise a movie day or evening at your house. Swaping the cost of the movie out as a donation.
- Fundraising for AAAF with a Bunnings BBQ
Almost anything can be a way to raise much needed funds for Alopecia Areata research and support – No matter how outside the box your idea, AAAF would love to help you make it a reality. Our fundraising partners at GoFundraise and MyCause are also always available to help you run the best online event or campaign possible.
Hosting Your Own Event
Events are a fantastic way to meet other people and families with Alopecia Areata in your area, or to enlist your friends, family and local community in supporting the work of AAAF. Whether you’d like to run an event for other people with alopecia or a very special fundraiser, get in touch with us at email@example.com to see how we can work together to make your day something to remember.
Do you have a special skill which you’d like to use to help people with Alopecia Areata?
From photography and animation to event coordination and art – there may be many opportunities for you to assist our team. Whether it’s a once-off project or an ongoing program, we’d love to hear from anyone who wants to go the extra mile to help people with this condition. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know where you are based and what you can do.
Alopecia Awareness Week
Alopecia Awareness Week is held in the 3rd week of November every year. AAAF hosts a range of events across the country during this week, and invite you to attend, or to host your own event!
- Click here to find more information about Alopecia Areata Awareness Week and how you can be involved.
Before running any event on behalf of AAAF, be sure to get in touch with us on email@example.com to check that you’ll be covered under our public liability insurance.
AAAF Volunteer of the Year Award
Volunteer of the Year is a special award given to members of our community who have gone above and beyond for our community.
Amy was awarded for getting her whole community behind her and her work to match the donation in her fundraising effort raising just under $15K
|2022||Lauren Fichera||Lauren was awarded the 2022 supporter award for her ongoing support in doing the donate hair certificates.|
|2021||No Nominees have been put forward for 2021.|
|2020||Barbara Tomasic||Barbara has been volunteering since 2014 in providing the self-tie scarfs that AAAF sell on our webstore. Barbara has supplied AAAF with an endless array of stock, no request has gone unanswered, even creating scarfs to match children’s school uniforms.|
|Greg O’Rourke||Greg O’Rourke (W.A. Branch Manager) awarded the volunteer of the year award to acknowledge their 10 years of service to AAAF.|
|2019||10 Years of services||
Shea Giordimaina (Support Ambassador)
Elizabeth Bear (Adelaide Branch Manager)
|Vesna Devcic (General Committee Member)|
– each where awarded the volunteer of the year award to acknowledge their 10 years of service to AAAF.
Aimee has assisted our WA Alopecia Support Group for several years, and has organised several very successful events during this time, including the Boldest Bald Brunch for the last three years.
|2017||Nathan Ash||Nathan provides invaluable technical and IT support to AAAF. His volunteering with us in 2017 included a full rebuild of our website.|
|Charlie Motion – Junior Volunteer of the Year||Charlie has been actively involved with AAAF through our Remove GST on Wigs Campaign, and in 2017 he asked for his friends to donate to AAAF in lieu of gifts for his twelth birthday|
|2016||Erin Tutty||Erin has volunteered several hours a week to the Hair Donation Program, writing personal thank yous to our donors.|
|2015||Samara Anderson||Samara organised the very successful WA Quiz Night fundraiser two years in a row, raising much needed funds for research.|
|2014||Helen Beasley||Helen donated her time and skills as a facepaint and henna artist to create the Turning Heads Crown Art Project.|
|2013||Angela De Franceschi||Angela has been a supporter of AAAF from our inception, and regularly contributes her skills and support to events and projects such as our Victorian Charity Trivia Night and Melbourne Open Day.|
How you can help AAAF through Corporate Volunteering
- · Sporting events (e.g., golf days, bike rides) – teams entering big events
- · BBQs
- · MC a trivia night and/or blind auction
- · Chocolate box sales
- · Christmas raffle
- · Amazing Race style event
- · Bushwalk with BBQ incorporated with a Christmas event
- · Mud run event
- · Movie nights, outdoor projector during summer period
- · Donate time to review certain parts of the foundation (e.g., website, brochures, resources)
- · Offer their expertise in fields of marketing, finance, donation sourcing
- · Run a regional group
- · Letter drops
- Approach corporate contacts for donation items for online raffle
This list is a few of the most popular ways you can get involved and support AAAF! If you have any questions or would like to share your event so that we can highlight and thank you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org