AAAF is entirely volunteer run and community supported. Lending a hand is one of the best ways you can support our cause – and work with our fun and friendly team. Whatever your skills and background, we have opportunities which can use your support AAAF including fund raising, donating, and volunteering your expertise.
If you’re looking to volunteer with a rewarding cause and amazing team, send us an email at email@example.com. AAAF is always ready to welcome new additions.
There are plenty of different ways you can help AAAF raise much needed funds to support research into Alopecia Areata and provide live changing support services. Below are just some of the ways you can help us to help people living with Alopecia Areata.
- Do a ‘Cut-a-thon’ – cut your hair and donate to be made into wigs, and encourage your friends and family to sponsor you!
- Gold coin donation day – perfect for schools and youth groups, or even in the workplace!
- Charity of choice -nominate AAAF as your chosen charity at your annual party/concert with the entry fee donated to AAAF
- Sporting day -hold a sporting challenge or tournament; mini golf day, cycling or walking, a fun run, a triathlon or set your own challenge, getting work to sponsor you.
- Movie Night – organise a movie day or evening at your house. Swaping the cost of the movie out as a donation.
- Fundraising for AAAF with a Bunnings BBQ
Almost anything can be a way to raise much needed funds for Alopecia Areata research and support – No matter how outside the box your idea, AAAF would love to help you make it a reality. Our fundraising partners at GoFundraise and MyCause are also always available to help you run the best online event or campaign possible.
Alopecia Awareness Week
Alopecia Awareness Week is held in the 3rd week of November every year. AAAF hosts a range of events across the country during this week, and invite you to attend, or to host your own event!
- Click here to find more information about Alopecia Areata Awareness Week and how you can be involved.
Before running any event on behalf of AAAF, be sure to get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org to check that you’ll be covered under our public liability insurance.